Responsible Host Letter
Greetings Wines for Humanity Host,
Thank you for hosting a wine tasting with Wines for Humanity! We are excited to educate you and your guests on the joy of fine wines while raising funds for a worthy cause. We are confident that this event will be informative, entertaining, and highly enjoyable for everyone.
As a wine company, Wines for Humanity is always aware of the risks associated with providing guests samples of an alcoholic beverage. We’ve created a brief list of guidelines that we respectfully ask you to follow to ensure the safety and enjoyment for everyone in attendance:
- Please inform your guests in advance that the purpose of a Wines for Humanity wine tasting event is to educate them about wine and to raise funds for a worthy cause; it is not to become intoxicated.
- You will need to ensure that all guests are at least 21 years of age.
- Please provide ample non-alcoholic beverages and food for your guests. (If you’d like any food and wine pairing suggestions, please let me know.)
- Stop serving wine to any guest who shows any sign of intoxication. Wines for Humanity can legally only pour 1-ounce of each wine- after that, the serving and consumption of alcoholic beverages is up to the host and guests in attendance.
- Please allow at least 30 minutes to pass between the time the wine tasting ends and the time when guests are expected to leave the event.
- Arrange for a ride home for any guest who appears to be intoxicated/unable to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ensure that all opened and unfinished wine bottles remain at your home. In some states, an opened, unfinished wine bottle cannot be transported.
If you have any questions about the above guidelines, please feel free to call us to address them. If you are unable to adhere to the listed guidelines, or if you need assistance in any way, please let us know.
We can’t wait for you to experience the joys of hosting a wine tasting with Wines for Humanity!
Wines for Humanity